Pinot Gris from Vipava -Ventus line-the wind-freshness, characteristic of Vipava valley. A tradition of high-quality wines. Year: 2008. Alc: 13%. We tried it with pasta.
Grape growing and winemaking details:
- Vineyard: Terraced vineyards.
- Harvest: In mid-September.
- Maceration: /
- Fermentation: Controlled at a temperature of 17 ºC.
- Maturation: In stainless steel vats.
- Colour: Golden yellow with delicate shades of burnt orange.
- Nose: Gentle and fruity scent reminiscent of melons and citruses.
- Palate: In the mouth the wine feels warm. Its mid-full body is pleasantly fresh and fruity.
- Harmony: The wine`s mellow character is rounded off by soft acidity.
- Ageing potential: 5 years.
- Alcohol: 13,0 %vol.
- Sugar content: 4,1 g/l of residual sugar.
- Total acidity: 4,7 g/l.
- Serving temperature: 8 – 10 ºC.
- Marriage of food and wine: Delicate meat and cheese dishes, pasta, risotto, chicken, dishes made of offal, aubergine dishes.